Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Tasking

And clearly, I am a multitasker. Somehow with just one job to do at one time, I feel very incomplete. But one of my management profs once told me, at any point in time you can give 100%. So if you are doing 3 jobs at one time, it is never possible to give 100% to each. You would best get off by giving 100% in all and that is what humans do. Effectively, therefore, you give 30,40,30 or something to that effect to each job.
But here is my take, so what if the percentiles are like that. If I still manage to put my finger in this pie as well as that, I have my mind already clicking for both the issues and in the end, I feel more in control of the situation.
I tried having just a single process to work on..and I felt, well empty and got quickly bored of the process. I strongly believe multitasking keeps my life more interesting to live and gives me more things to think about and work on!

3 comments:

gus said...

Multi-tasking is a managerial word for dumping more work on a recruit ;)Anyways..for a mangerial job i suppose multitasking would work ....For a techie Job say an ASIC design engineer multitasking would lead to peril cause according to me a tech job requires absolute focus at a given task.....

Sriram said...

each to his/her own.. it also depends on how efficient u want to be at one task and whats the priority...

Ram said...

i think MT is cool...certainly keeps one away from boredom...