Wednesday, November 30, 2005

changing times

And here goes an open post on The Hindu . This was in the Metro Plus for Chennai. For all those who thought Madras was conservative, surprise!
I think I might have culture shock when I visit India the next time. I still have the impression that I won't wear jeans (or trousers of any kind), go jogging out on the roads, and see a boy friend-girl friend relationship out in public. Looks like things are really changing. Someone needs to update me on what is going on there to help me be better prepared.

1 comment:

Sriram said...

Help me better prepared? So when r u coming to Chennai??
I fail to understnad the logic behind " I still have the impression that I won't wear jeans (or trousers of any kind), go jogging out on the roads, and see a boy friend-girl friend relationship out in public" .. if that was particularly u.. then i guess i cant comment.. if it was general.. then all i have to say is that probly you r talking about a chennai of very old times.. I ve seen all that happening and many more even during my school times, which is i guess is around early 90s. Agreed Chennai is a bit conservative, but going by the way u ve protrayed.. I guess u need to be updated. Chennai has definitely come a long way.. Hot places to watch out.. Ispahani center in Numgambakkam, Spencer Plazas and all new malls, Coffee places at these hotspots and lot of action on ECR(east coast road)... never been to ECR. though have heard a lot of stories about it..