Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Call

Grr..some people!
Sitting at work, I am working against a deadline. My phone rang, and I noticed a 011 number. Thinking it might be mostly from home and something important, I answered my phone.
-Ms.Amrutha Ragavan?
--Yes
-I am calling from you XXX credit card company and I would like to talk to you about yuada..ayda..yaday..da.a.da.a.da (for approx 3 mins 12 sec)
--Err, what?
-Ms.Ragavan, do you want me to repeat it?
--(horrified) no no, is there a specific reason you are calling me?
-Well, Ms.Ragavan, we want you to be aware of our policies and that you can transfer..dada..dada..daad.(for another 3 mins)
--Well, great, but I am at work right now and I cannot take this call any longer
-It won't take another 10 secs and can I read to you(in more faster tone)dadaadada...dadadada..(another 5 mins)
--(after trying to interrupt him several times, but in vain, at the end)Well, I think I just told you, I am at WORK and I need to get BACK
-ok Ms. Ragavan, we would like to confirm your first name, last name..dadaad
--(already shades of orange turning to red)Yes please (well, I thot they do this at the BEGINING of the conversation!)
Confirmed my details and finally said
-Thank you Ms.Ragavan, I am going to mail you all the materials that we just talked (???dude, did I say anything beyond hmm,yes,ok?) about!!!!
--(grrr...grrowwwl)Yes, thank you
- You can call us at...
I couldn't take it anymore,
--THANKS, will find that from website, BYE

I don't understand if these guys are really trying to help me. The call costed me an unnecessary word from my boss :(

No comments: