Monday, June 13, 2005

La semaine commence

Some mornings are meant to go wrong. And interestingly, the few important mornings that a mere mortal would have, would indefinitely infinitely go wrong. As a part of my "Spice-Your-Life" plan, I managed to land myself with a job in a nice company. Little did I realize how this day would commence, giving a bright new hopeful week ahead of me.
As this morning cunningly dawned on me, I chirped up bright and sunny and Voila!4 hours later, I am sitting at a breakfast eatery oblivious to the peppy jazz resounding from speakers that I am still hunting for. I assure you, I definitely did not set out with this agenda in mind. Yes, you are right, I am supposed to be at !@#$%^&9 (my encryption to my work place) at my workdesk. I am definitely not lost, I refuse to admit. I am just misled by a trotting, petite, old lady. After walking about 2 miles in the scorching sun, tired but not famished, I ran into the eatery to hide from the blaze. Thatz where the savior of the day called me and offered to drive me to the office. Sincere thanks to him, I "picked up strings of life again" and stumbled into my office. God's grace, my HR was really more than understanding. But guess what? Phone lines are all down for the entire building and my passwords wouldn't work (You still think I am surprised?). Now I am poised like having a sprained neck and vigorously typing away..my remedy line has forewarned me about the line getting disconnected before they can actually fix my problem and has graciously asked me to try again, in case that happens..I can only hope tomorrow is better..looking forward to a warm, bright day again..ever hopeful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for raising my status to the status of a savior. But I just wanted to help my friends to the extent I can! That's about it! Nothing great

Anonymous said...

Thanks for raising my status to that of a savior. But I just wanted to help my friends to the extent I can! That's about it! Nothing great