Sunday, September 18, 2005

Time to task

I just realized that more than the time taken to complete a task, the time taken to pander to its dependencies delay it. I mean, take this morning for instance, I was setting right my space..I needed chai..so came into the kitchen to make some nice chai and guess what? I had undone dishes..well, so, had to do dishes..since I wanted to finish my dish washing once and for all, I had to clear last nite's left overs. Now while clearning the previous nite's left overs, I realized I had no space in my trash can, which means I had to throw my trash out. To throw my trash out, I needed to change into some decent clothes ( I couldn't run out in my nite pjs).And while I was thinking about where my clothes were, I realized I had to do laundry to find one decent wear. Ok, now laundry sounds fine,but then I needed..well you guessed it..quarters!! Ahem..hunt, hunt..no quarters. I had a $20 bill though. The only way I could get change without getting out of home..heheheheh(that is villanous laugh), order home delivery of food! (Wow! how cool am I??). So I just picked the phone, placed an order for chinese food with instructions to bring quarters. I don't even want to think what the guy who took my orders was wondering. Hopefully, I get my chai! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicago commuter train derails, killing one
At least one person was killed and dozens were injured after a commuter train derailed Saturday morning on Chicago's South Side, officials said.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a ##Discount Airfares## site/blog. It pretty much covers ##Cheap Airline tickets## related stuff.
You can save up 50% on your next trip!
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Mahesh Subramanian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mahesh Subramanian said...

hey..

thats so true.. you start of doing something and end up doing something completely different and its very fascinating observing the series of events that derail you from your intended task to the task you end up accomplishing.. hehe.. very nicely put by you..

nice blog.. keep it coming..

cheers

Ram said...

lol- good one!