Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Google Again!

Boy o boy..how many times would I write about this company. Time and again, I am proved right! There is a conspiracy theory that Google plans to accquire New Zealand and produce the movie Lord of the Google that would eventually win an oscar. Pah!
What makes me wonder is if this is truly fresh, new enthusiasm or just recycled energy? We have been having Microsoft around for coupla decades. I remember revering MS for the tools and the technology that it simply seemed to spew. Then came a new dimension - the Internet. Google seems to be doing pretty good job of getting all of us kicked about its new products/ideas.
I do not wish to be a party spoiler now and say that WSJ "feels" the same way about Google as it "felt" about MS, but look what is threatening MS now. Frankly, isn't it immature to see no limit to the magic tricks Google can conjure. I am not buying it, not this time. Somehow, I feel we are standing again on a huge bubble with a sword(my oh my!) hanging just above our head. I don't wish to make it sound this dangerous, but I see the truth in this.
Atleast, for now, the employees are all happy and never hungry, their brains tick more than twice that of mine, somehow there is a youthful exuberance in the company. Hopefully, more tricks or treats are in store!

No comments: