Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hot Spicy Fact

I always wonder if I would ever be likeone of those chefs on tv. These people seem so confident with their ingredients, their process, touch of this, dash of that and top it all up with whipped cream..whoppa!
Cooking and me?Well, first I do a survey of what I have in hand. Then, I decide if it is going to be a dry dish or a gravy one. And then just add the ingredients I have, big bang approach. The spices that I add pretty much depend on what I "feel" does good. So, somehow in this process, one day it dawned on me that I could procedurize my show (cooking for the mere mortals) and started following "Food Network". Even today,I can remember the ingredients (vaguely), I can remember the process(not too clearly) and remember the outcome(foggily). Here is one thing that I think I seriously learnt well:
1. When it comes to chillis, the smaller they are, the hotter they are
2. Younger chills are hotter than older ones -> green chillis are hotter than whatever other colours they come in.
3. Sharp end chillis are hotter than round end ones.
Now I would atleast watch out for the shapes when I add these to my creation.

ps: Sorry Sweethearts of 54 FQ, now I know why my pieces of creativity were always saltier and hotter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

adi pavi..food networklam pakuriyaa..inga irrukum pothu..daily rasam panni engalaa torcher pannuva...makkale plzz dont beleive her!!!!