Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Digging again

So, I went randomly digging again and found out the plethora of features offered by..well, yes, Google (again!yawn?).
Like I had predicated, they seem to become a portal like Y! or MSN. Except that these guys create the widgets themselves or just add the ones developed by some mom'n'pop softe guys. The simplicity of the webpage is still the key reason I would move to Google Personalized home page from MyYahoo!. Other than that, same foosteps, nothing exciting. The small annoying factor is that the links take you to another page that is not exactly customized by Google itself.
On the other hand, Apple is thinking of Movies in iTunes (my better half claims this is the happening thing in his life!). Now that I have to have to be in a meeting, I must keep my enthusiasm to talk about this for a little later.
In a nutshell, Google is becoming a portal (with a little annoyance?)

No comments: