Thursday, January 04, 2007

Fun?

I had an awakening yesterday. B was simply thinking out aloud. He said "I want to do something fun". So, I asked myself, what would I do for fun? and guess what? shocked myself as I drew a blank..so seriously, What do you do for fun?
I started thinking about those days when I had fun without realizing I was having fun. It meant taking your mind off work, your finances, your things-to-do, your regular routine, fitness schedule, classes, assignments, projects..just anything that you are compelled or self motivate to do.
I am still thinking hard and wondering if I ever have such an activity these days..Well, may be I do. I enjoy shopping..err.. I guess. But many a times, I have looked through 4 floors and found nothing. I enjoy dining out..well, I am not sure. Sometimes, the food doesn't suit me. Ahh, you know what? I enjoy bluff, the game where all of us have a hearty laugh for no reason. I enjoy travelling, but then this cannot be as spontaneous so no longer belongs to this category. May be music, singing, dancing...there is no preparatory steps there. (Pause..long pause..thinking hard..bright smile..) ah! yes, I enjoy cooking too especially making up my own recipes with the available ingredients
..
I strongly resolved I need to stop and smell the roses. So ask yourself, what do you do for fun? Are you thinking as hard as I am..may be it is time for you too to free your mind of all the daily trivialities of life. 50 years later, it is not the daily chores that you will raccount to your future generations (well, frankly if you did, I don't think you would likely have an audience). 50 years later, it would be the fun times that you can vividly draw a picture and entice your families. It is the "I was the only one who.." words that would bring the little ones closer to you and beg you for more of those tales. It is the "remember that day when..(laughter)" that you would share with your remaining few friends which would brighten your days..
So go forward, live a life you would be not only proud of, but also happy about..

No comments: