Friday, April 27, 2007

Heaven and Hell

Yah, I know this is strange, but I just realized that it is true. We need to have different kinds of Heaven and Hell.
The case is simple. As civilization progresses or evolves, the acts that are considered incorrect, bad, unethical are different. I can't exactly comment if it is good or not. But the truth of the matter is it is happening, it will continue to happen. Well, so coming back to my point: my reasoning is simple. What was considered an act of evil in the past isn't exactly an act of evil these days or vice versa. The bars of tolerance could have gone up or down. For example: racial remarks/discrimination based on caste or sex or color weren't considered evil in the paste but these days it could get into serious trouble with law. Similarly alcohol is one area where the bars have changed (literally).
May be, God and Devil together need to model Heaven and Hell for every 10 years. Why 10? Cause that age gap is what is a good generation-gap, that difference in time is what underlines the difference in ideologies, outlook, style of life, acts of goodness and evil.
I rest my case.

No comments: