Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dialogue

My BIL has a very interesting perspective about reading and attitudes of readers. Here is an excerpt from our recent conversation:

Suga: coz i have 47 hits on my blog and not one new commment...grrrr
Me: so, u expect a dialogue with your readers
Suga: i do...i mean would u want someone walking by ur cubicle staring at u and leaving?
u'd rather want them to say hi right?

I was intrigued by this analogy. It throws a completely new dimension to reading, relationship with the author. I like his view, may be thoughts would take a completely new dimension, opinions would take a brand new shape, writing will take a whole new form with dialogue with the author. I wonder if future books in 2030 will include this intelligence. Then we might be able to exchange the same book with each other to read different stories..

4 comments:

Sugavan said...

your BIL is retarded!

Amrutha Ragavan said...

Well, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it :)

Anonymous said...

enna solla vara onum puriyala!!!!

Sugavan said...

exactly my point....enna solla vara nee?