Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Facevalue sur Facebook

$10 billion to $15 billion..seriously, are you kidding me? We aren't talking about monopoly money here right?
News has it that MS and Giant G are vying for their share on Facebook at the above mentioned value. And in what joy?
The valuation is a huge bubble ready to burst. There is young traffic spending significant portion of their time on the website, I agree, but the revenue that can be generated from this traffic hasn't been estimated. What surprises me is that Google is interested in this networking site while it hosts/supports its own - Orkut. I do believe MS also has its own gig going on in this arena.. I do believe Mark Zuckerberg turned down the first buy out option, which was a wise thing to do. Yet, the current valuations seem senseless.
On another track, Giant G's share prices are ..well, is there anything above roof top?Apple more than tripled in its share price..are we are inside another bubble?

No comments: