Tuesday, May 10, 2005

countdown begins

I leave this campus on saturday. My last few days and I suddenly see so much of world around me. I had to move out of my room and I am living out of a box now (well, almost). Absolutely no inclination to pack and get moving. It feels very strange..I had landed here in the US two years ago, confused about the amount of formalities involved (hadn't faced any of these in Europe), shocked at the attitude of a few at Indians (again, did not get to see that in Europe). At some level, I was afraid of surviving here. I still remember how boring and dull Houston Airport looked the day I landed. I had every vein in me screaming to turn around and fly back to India. I am glad in a small way that I did not listen to them. People have walked in and some have walked out of my life. And when our lives crossed, I saw something different in each one, a different shade of life, a new tune to hum..and not all tunes are sung to a good mood. This small town that protected me from the so called harsh world outside, let me be the princess of a small home, is suddenly letting go of me. Let's see here, I have five days and I want to make a difference in the way I live each of this five days..
will come back and show you a slice of my last days as a student..

2 comments:

Sriram said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sriram said...

Congratulations on Graduation and Happy Walking :-) So when do u start working?