Monday, May 02, 2005

outcast

I was looking at the pictures of my college posted by someone who visited the campus last month. Every picture had a memory. I could hear a million voices in my head, friends calling out to me, gatecalls, laccha sessions, papadi chat, peacocks crying(and trust me, they don't sound good in the least!)..memories, the word by itself feels small and incapable of describing these emotions.
I noticed changes..on campus. I feel jealous that I am not a part of it. It seems like my college has forgotten me. It has moved on and doesn't tell me how it is changing. It has new members in its family and is so much enjoying the relationship with them. I strangely felt hurt that I am not longer a part of it..those sky lawns no longer belong to me, the ic chai is no longer mine to make fun of(I used to ask for "garam pani" and still get it from the ic bhaiya with a smile!). A whiff of anger that I cannot walk down FDII corridors and jump off without using the stairs, can't use the qt to laze in the sun and get startled by the buffalo that lazily walks by to mow the lawns, can't complain abt the heat(in summer) and cold(in winter). I don't even seem to know that there is cappucino(!) in ANC, how the BITSConnect works, how the new library feels like to study in..It sure does anger me, how can I not know all this when even I belong to the family!
Well, yes I was there, but the WAS word seems so heavy now that I feel left out, like an outcast.

1 comment:

Sachin Dev T said...

Don't We all Now ?? Siiiiiigh.