Wednesday, August 17, 2005

hit f5?

I always used to wonder if I can ever hit F5 for life..well, change the way I lived, the influences around me, go back in time, wish I was somewhere else doing something else..
I must admit, I am changing my thoughts. I was watching this newscast the other day about the lives of soldiers returning from battlefields and that made me feel small about myself. Now here are beings that fight actual wars, be around all the bloodshed, hear constant blasts, live through the death of a friend, more often than not- a gruesome one, suspect everyone as an enemy, be alert round the clock, miss home be it child birth or birthdays, fear death and yet face it, smell blood and yet live through it, help torn victims, keep hoping that the war would end;they would be sent back home happy and yet wake up every morning fully armed and ready to attack..When these guys come back home, how numbed do they feel? Could they start leading normal lives? Their social psyche would have been soo affected that normal lives might seem strange and untouching to them..still wonder why so many people need to be affected in so many different ways, so uncalled for..Am I thinking too much about wars?

4 comments:

Sriram said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amrutha Ragavan said...

Wonder which wind took away my Joie de Vivre..or may be I am just growing to be an adult..

Sriram said...

eppidi anniyayama french theriyalenrathukaga thitta koodathu? i demand a translation of what u ve written...

Sriram said...

anyways coment goeslike this..
that u ve become a amrutha-the philosopher... chill out in life.. and relax maadi and dont worry about all that.. what u see in american news is what the people in power want u to see.. yada yada yada.. and that bush sucks.. thats my usual .. down with bush... thats all.. thought i went off tangent .. so i removed it.. but now u ve asked for it..