Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I am usually 'CNNing' while rushing around trying to get to work on time. The thing that is bothering me of late is the immense amount of terrorist activities around. There hasn't been a single day that I haven't heard of a riot, a blast, a crash..may be it is just me or may be it is just living in the US, but so many deaths can get to you..Is there a need for so much of blood shed?A minute of prayer for all the souls that suffer the misdeeds of others, the souls who pay the price for the whims and fancies of some politicians, the innocent lives who face misfortune due to the fanatics and their beliefs..these things make one realize life is short, unpredictable..just need to be thankful for what I am , what I have and where I am..

2 comments:

Ram said...

as philosophical as it gets and yet nothing but the truth :)...may their souls rest in peace...

Varadicus said...

The news of death gets to anybody unless the person is a serial killer(eventually it gets them too). But the fact still remains that the media (esp. in the US) tries to over dramatize everything for the sake of ratings. They know for a fact that they are terrorizing people, but they dont care. Sorry for the diversion. Focussing on the main issue, once people realize that they need to co-exist with others, there will not be any blood shed.

(OK now i am gonna get off my soap box)