Tuesday, January 18, 2005

travelling more

Last week was more of travel for me. I was at my cousin's place in New Jersey. I was meeting him after more than 8 years and I understood it was still difficult for him to believe that I am as old as I am :). After getting off that loooooooonng boring flight, he called me promptly and gave me exact directions to the exit.'take the third door, you should be fine. Don't worry, I will pick you up in 15 mins. Give me a call if you need anything.' I was amused..my parents never expressed their concern on my travelling around all by myself. Somehow, I think they are convinced that I can run around any place and come back home and safe and fine. So, here we are: wednesday evening with my brother again:
Me: So, I can take the train tomorrow to New York, illa?
Anna:Sure da, I will drop you off while I go to work. Cross the roads, get your ticket, I will give you a map of the metro. It is pretty simple, dont worry. You should be fine.
Me: Great, how long is it?
Anna: Oh, its about an hour or a little more by this train.
Me: Is there a tourist information center or anything like that in New York?
Anna: Nah, nothing like that, but I will give you directions later. You can see the statue of liberty, times square and everything without a problem...but later
I looked at my watch and it was already 11.30 and he had to leave at 7.00 in the morning...well, may be tomorrow.
Morning 6.45 am
Anna: good morning sleepyhead, sweetie..climate looks bad today, why dont you go tomorrow?
Me: err..ok
Thursday evening, a replay of the previous day's conversation took place. Resolving I am definitely seeing New York the next day, I fell asleep.
Friday Morning: 6.45 am
Anna: Its raining today, why dont I take you to New York myself tomorrow.
Me: err..ok
Later in the afternoon, my manni tells me that my brother was really worried about me travelling alone.
Trust me the feeling was really different, being a little sister to someone. I enjoyed every bit of it.
more later

No comments: