Monday, January 24, 2005

which way?

So, this is a person I met while flying. Full of energy and enthusiasm, driven, always working on something or the other, even while talking, he is thinking of something which becomes apparent to me as I sense his 75% concentration in the conversation. I was completely zapped when I heard that he plans his weekends too!!! goodness, I visualize these kind of people as photons at the meta stable state. They seem to have a really long half life though :). Result: great job and a nice resume
And there is this other person I know, extremly relaxed, stops to smell flowers(literally), never plans much, no tension calm and composed. Weekends totally planless and clueless. Only on getting into a discussion with him did I realize his vaast knowledge. but guess what? He too has a great job and a nice resume.
Now, one may accuse me of being myopic and judging a person's life based on just his resume. But I am a capitalist. And if the resume brings money, with it comes purchasing power which satisfies the needs(and more importantly wants),thereby, leading atleast theortically to happiness. Anyway, I am now pondering about which is the right way to live? brings me to think about the latest book I am reading: Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. He talks about the world being made up of contradicting elements: matter and antimatter. So, is right right, just in our world?

No comments: