Tuesday, February 01, 2005

listen to the weatherman

Scene 1: Yours truly feels I felt very Indian today, so wore a nice Indian top, footwear that goes well with it( people call that beauty flipflops here :( ). Stepped out, things are fine. class went on ok.

Scene 2: raining hard, cutting chill winds, poor me struggling with my bike, bag and COLD FEET! No wonder the expression came about..COLD FEET! I think I can take any part of me cold..cold eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, but not FEET.
There is this feeling of a million knives slowly cutting through your skin. I could feel my blood freezing slowly in my legs. Each drop of rain slices through my skin and burns it! After sometime, I had to consciously make an effort to walk. I couldn't feel my legs anymore. Wiping off the piercing rain, gathering all my courage and strength, I tried to keep moving on. My work place seemed so far away. I thought I was going to die at one point. And strangely, the only sorrow in my head was..what a strange way to die!I was thinking about how the headlines would have been in The Battalion: Graduate Student dies due to Flipflops. followed by a drop in the sales of flip flops..next month first tue, there would be Silver Taps. I sincerely prayed to God not to let me die such a poor death. Goodness!I do have a huge ego..:)

By far, this was the most painful journey to my office. I am definitely not a person to live in the north. The only thought(s) that was warming me was the condition of the poor souls living in Alaska and of course someone ;) .

Moral of the story:
- Listen to your weatherman.
- South Indian wear(for women) does not suit US of A
- Not matter what you cover or not, cover your feet!

No comments: