Friday, February 04, 2005

soft song to myself

As I walked down my roads traversed gazillion times so far, I realized how beautiful a world we have built for ourselves. When you live in a university town like mine, sitting idle even is such an experience. Students, faces, the different colors, hands held, laughters, tension writ faces, wringing hands, interviews, campus shuttle, everyday BATTALION, colorful trees, the arrival of spring, classes, courses, scribbled notes, plans for weekends, home games, the huge gym facilities, movies, AggieNights, Chipotle, exchange students :).
It is a grand experience..one of my professors commented that he was in the profession as it keeps him young mixing and staying around youthful vigor. As it gets closer to my graduation, I wonder if I would ever miss these things, or would I have time to stop and think about them. It is a beautiful world, so far advanced and so full of emotions from the one that existed billions of years ago. Lost in thought, I boarded a bus, a friendly smile brought me back to the shuttle. It has been a long way..chennai, dusty rajasthan, college station. Wonder where the roads are going to take me next. Country roads, take me home..

No comments: