Wednesday, February 16, 2005

V Day

Another scrap on Valentine, another posting on a blog?Oh....Well, yes! Love is anyway one of the world's most harassed topics.
Being the faintest romantique, to me, there is hardly any mystery surrounding St.Valentine. Well, there he was a simple guy who decided that men were better off not being single. So when men had to go to war, he protested and encouraged them to show their love for their respective women. It seems it was quite sometime ago..guess about 1700 years ago.
Herez what I find funny with V-days:
1.Monday morning, oh Feb. 14th, I should tell him I love him? Haha haha..I do not need one special day to tell someone that I love them.
2.The zillions of bucks on roses, chocolates and pink colored things is just way too much. Ok, Feb 15th, where do I keep them?
3.United Colors of Valentine: We get color coded too! Oh, wear some color to let everyone know that you are available. You are committed, tell the whole world with this color. You are in a relationship but want to get out of it, wear some other color.. Err..excuse me?
Criticize me, may be I am getting old and find these things silly ( in fact, embarassing!), but I definitely don't see any sense in them.
Talking about theory of Silliness, I find can it to be of three types:
a. I can be silly because I am stupid
b. I can be silly on purpose and giggle about it (accepted, it is a l'll girlie)
c. I can be silly and don't know I am silly.
Now, Val day, it is the 3rd category.
But sure, it is party time for all those florists, chocolate makes, teddy bear makers, toys shops, masseuse..the heights was pendants of my school logo! Seriously what? Bad enough forgetting Val Day, and as if that wasn't all of it, imagine gifting/receiving a pendant with the school logo on it! God Bless the Capitalists! But hey look, I can see a way out, here's my penny for a thought:
1. Surprise her! We like surprises, a val day is anyway expected.
2. Make her feel wanted, don't get clingy and needy, but just make her feel important and a big part of your life
Bonne Chance a tous,a+

No comments: